January 23, 2014

On the Road Again...

Robert Frieden, one of the funniest guys I have ever know, once sat in a fast food joint and prevent me from eating whatever glutenous mass I had before me by conjugating the Willie Nelson son "On the Road Again".  That particular song was regularly featured on this archaic device we often used, an FM car radio that had stations that sounded different from one another. Everytime I went to take a bite he sang another new verse and I had to stop in mid bite for fear of decorating my shirt with condiments and...whatever else is in a fast food hamburger.  The only verse I remember now is "I'm a Toad Again" but you get the picture.

Tomorrow I hit the road again myself, off to my second shoot for work in Amarillo Texas.  The flight will take 5 hours because I have to stop over in Denver so I will get a good look at the pre Superbowl madness that will no doubt festoon the Airport.  Social archeology at its best.

The Photo here is a great silent description of how I see the next few months of my life.  My Shoulder Rig and my Canon along with my newly bought Timbuk2 suitcase.  I got some extra sleep last night and will be searching for more tonight.  The boss and I have an unknown number of Testimonials and B-Roll to shoot on Saturday and an 8:30 flight out of Amarillo on Sunday.  We will be staying at the client's house and he has told us to bring our swim trunks...I am not sure what is more ominous, the offer or the thought of me in a pair of swim trunks?