February 10, 2014

"...I Like T.I.E.Fighters! T.I.E. Fighters are COOL!"

So As I wrote over the weekend I spent part of the weekend recovering and part of it playing in my 3D Modeler, MODO.  I also shared that I was finding some catharsis in the fact that I was actually able to start building a TIE Fighter (given my checkered past with LFL and Star Wars in General). In light of all that I thought it was very productive that I was able to actually act like a fanboy, set the digital bit in my teeth and model me up some SIENAR fleet system goodness.

What I found even MORE cathartic is that after a certain point in the modeling process, when I was happy with the results and having fun doing something I loved a lot (3D Graphics) that I was able to say:

"Well enough of that, now let's move on and do some work on my own ideas"

This is real progress because I have finally started to shake the George Lucas Homunculus off my back, where it had lived for all these years sucking my creativity out of my spine with a silly straw.

I often have that image, clients or employers taking something from me that is more than a little intangible like it was a readily identifiable commodity that you could pick up in any shop.